Please call us at 443-318-6500 to let us know you are coming.
1. First, register your pet for an arrival slot or wait list slot.
If you have a waitlist slot, we will be in touch as the day goes along. This is to help reduce further frustration on our clients.
2. If you have an arrival slot, once you arrive stay in your car and call us at 443-318-6500.
· The triage technician will obtain a brief history of what brings your pet in.
· The triage technician will meet you at the front door and bring your pet inside to obtain vitals.
· Once we bring your pet inside, you can leave (go run errands, relax at home, grab a bite to eat, etc) or if you prefer, you can wait in the parking lot.
· The Veterinarian will perform a physical examination. They will call to obtain a detailed history of your pet. The Veterinarian will discuss any recommendations, as well as why these recommendations are being made.
· We will provide you a financial estimate for any recommendations that were discussed.
· A team member will call to go over the estimate before starting any of the diagnostics tests or treatments, so you remain informed along the entire process.
· After we run any tests, the Veterinarian will call to explain the diagnostic results. Further recommendations may be given.
· We may need to provide a new estimate if additional therapy is recommended.
· We will perform the treatments that you approved.
· The Veterinarian will prescribe medications and write you a detailed discharge summary to take home for your reference.
· We will call you to discuss these written instructions, explain the instructions for medications being sent home, and go over your invoice.
· We will meet you at the front door to collect payment for services, give you your written instructions and medications, as well as your pet who should be on their way to feeling better.
· We will email your invoice to you and your pet’s medical record to their primary care Veterinarian.
· After your visit, you can access your pet’s medical record including, x-rays, ultrasound images, bloodwork results, and full medical records through the Patient Portal at UrgentVETCareMaryland.com.